Saturday, July 20, 2013

my shoes are worn

My shoes are worn
From every step i had to take
To get to the fact
I feel like I am never going to be worthy
Of the life I want to live
Quiet, no pain and being just me
When will this happen?
When I decide to walk away from it all
Take my husband and maybe my son
My son is being swayed by the people
Who make it seem I am crazy. 
Why is your decision to deem me crazy?
Have you lived my life?
Have you fell through so many cracks
You feel broken and sore
From all the mental beatings 
I have gotten in a few months
Those who know me, really know me
Know I am close to walking away from this society
Just find a small place where i can be with
The ones who do care or actually love me
Walk in my shoes and you find all holes
The wearing so bad i need new ones
This is not in my future at all
I don't deserve what everyone wants
I life that has meaning to me 
It was just taken
And made to mean nothing
Or to be laughed at, and then dismissed
Like my pain means damned nothing
I am not sure which is worse,
The mental anguish, or the physical pain...
Sometimes the mental anguish is more than I can handle
I go on and just want peace in my life and to know
For all the fighting I did, it was worth it.
Becky Smith

1 comment:

  1. perfectly penned. hoping you get the quiet & peace & solitude & joy & love you so richly deserve and need ~ Beth R.

    ReplyDelete